Sunday, September 9, 2012

What Is The Purpose Of A Referral? | REALTOR.com? Blogs

questions

Q: The realtor I used to sell my home does not know the area I am looking to buy in, so I am going to find a new realtor for the purchase of my new home. My selling realtor wants to make a referral to a new one. What is the purpose of this? Would my new buying broker have to pay my selling realtor for ther referral?
?Anonymous, Cicero, NY

A: It?s always nice to have a referral from a good agent to another good agent. This way you aren?t shopping for people you don?t know. A warm call better than a cold call right? And yes the referring agent usually gets a small fee for that referral. Good Luck!
Rosanne Nitti is a Realtor? with RMN Investments & Realty Services in Laguna Beach, CA.

A: Agents refer clients to other agents all the time. A) They know the agent?s track record and they know the referred agent will take good care of their client (you). B) There is usually a referral fee paid from one agent to the other. There is no standard fee, it is whatever is negotiated. This does not affect the service you get or the price you will eventually pay for your new home or the fee for home you?re selling.
Cathy Baumbusch is a Realtor? with RE/MAX Executives in Alexandria, VA.

A: You agent would get a referral fee but you would also be put in touch with an experienced realtor through your realtors relocation service.
Roxanne Calloway is a Realtor? with Long & Foster Real Estate Inc in Crofton, MD.

Are you interested in having a qualified REALTOR answer your questions? Click through to Ask a REALTOR? now.

Are you a REALTOR who would like to answer consumer questions? Click through to become an Ask a REALTOR? participant.

Related posts:

  1. How Do I Find A Realtor In Savannah?
  2. What Can We Do If We Feel Our Realtor Is Too Inexperienced?
  3. Can A Licensed Realtor Sell A Home In Another State And Receive A Commission?
  4. I Am A Loan Officer, How Do I Find A Realtor To Work With?
  5. Should I Use The Realtor My Loan Officer Recommends?

Source: http://www.realtor.com/blogs/2012/09/07/what-is-the-purpose-of-a-referral/

straight no chaser

No comments:

Post a Comment